At Hanham Woods Academy, we are dedicated to supporting our students through the process of deciding what direction they would like to take when they leave the academy.
Careers education forms a central part of our academy’s curriculum, and to the students experience at school. In the careers team we are passionate about providing students with a curriculum that is as much academic as it is joyful.
We aim to provide a curriculum that is:
- rich in knowledge as well as in skills;
- encourages participation in further education learning and/ or employment;
- meets the needs of every student and focus on their aspirations;
- invites a variety of external speakers in from a range of sectors and experiences;
- is and promotes growth mindsets;
- encourages parents/carers participation; and
- engages students’ consideration about their future from Year 7.
Raising Aspirations, Future Quest Lead and Careers, Education in Advice and Guidance email: [email protected]
We recognise the importance of presenting students with all the options available to them, and as a result, we have created a school Careers programme for students from year 7 to year 11.
Careers Information Padlet
Please take a look at the Careers Information Padlet for regular careers updates and work experience opportunities.